Afrochella and Afronation in Ghana
1. Pack your snacks, fan, repellant and patience.
2. Get your wristbands if necessary BEFORE the event (will save you from passing out and being stampeded) wish I was kidding.
2. Only expect formal events to start on time and even these may start late.
3. Ladies, if you get a dress made, make sure you can sit in it when you try it on.
4. Wait until you get there to get your hair braided. Style in pic was $16 and took 4hrs.
5. Visit Elmina Castle and/or Cape Coast.
6. Go to Kumasi.
If flying to Kumasi from Accra and vice versa, book the first flight out. There is a 50% chance that your flight will be cancelled.
Go to the Manhyia Palace and the cultural center. Souvenirs are inexpensive here. Real kente is here and less expensive.
#TBT repost from @ebonynomad
#wanderwheresnext #budgettravel #travelnoire #blackandabroad #afrochella #afronation #yearofreturn #ghana